We hereby invite you to take an active part in organizing the scientific programme of the 11th International Symposium on Digital Earth (ISDE 11) by suggesting special sessions on selected topics until Sept. 30th, 2018. A Special Session should focus on a specific topic of interest but not limited to the general interdisciplinary themes identified by the ISDE11 SPC and listed.
- Symposium session -dealing with ISDE Community.
- Great Debate session -dealing with the present and future challenges for the Digital Earth community.
- International programmes, initiatives, and treaties -e.g. UN SDGs, Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, COP21, DBAR Initiative, etc.
- Digital Transformation of the Society
- Narrow Artificial Intelligence
- Space 4.0
- Citizen Science
- Big Earth Data challenges and opportunities
- Digital Economy and Data Economy
- New generation of HPC for Digital Earth
- From Data to Knowledge
- Digital Observation of the Environment
- Mathematical models for Digital Earth
- Open Data and Open Sciences
GUIDELINES TO SUBMIT A SPECIAL SESSION
- Please, indicate the format of your proposed session: Presentation session: consisting of a set of talks about a topic in a given macro area; Interactive session: including demonstrations, panels, etc.
- You may suggest a Keynote Speaker for the proposed session.
- Please, indicate a minimum of two and a maximum of four conveners.
SELECTION PROCESS The ISDE 11 Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) will evaluate and discuss the submitted proposals based on the relevance to the theme and topic and the innovation aspects covered. The SPC will inform proposers about the acceptance or rejection of the proposed Sessions. Communicating the decision, the ISDE 11 SPC may suggest changes in wording, focus, format of a session to ensure quality, focus, and diversity. The proposers will be informed about the status of their application by Sept. 30th, 2018. The proposers of accepted Sessions will be nominated as co-chairs of the Session and they will be in charge of:
- collaborating to advertise about the Session for the ISDE 11 Call for Abstracts (to be launched in October 2018);
- collaborating with the Scientific Programme Committee to the organization of the Session. Depending on the number and quality of answers to the Call for Abstract, the Scientific Programme Committee may propose changes and merging of sessions. Depending on that, each session will have assigned one or more slots of two hours for five-six presentations each.